Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lincoln

It's been one of those days when I feel like my kids have made all their own rules. Which is why it was no surprise when Lincoln decided to bring his camp chair into the living room to watch T.V. WHY, OH WHY couldn't he just get out of the car and come in the house without bringing the garage items in with him!!??!! Anyway, I took the chair from him and put it on top of the refrigerator in the garage. He screamed for a minute and then stomped out to the garage to retrieve the chair. I let him go. He couldn't reach the chair, or so I thought. He marches in from the garage a few minutes later with the chair in tow!! He reported that he piled some boxes together and climbed up to get it all by himself! This is the same boy who glued the rubber handle back on his $1 toy after his little sister ripped it off. And was then devastated when it didn't stay, after all he had glued it!! Also the same kid who thinks he can use tools like his father. I have several nail holes and screws in the walls at just his height. Oooh, I forgot the best part. Lincoln came with me to Lyndee's soccer practice just to get out of the house, and drive me crazy! While we were there he needed to use the restroom (to take care of #2). He didn't want to go with me to the ladies room where I could help him. no surprise there. So I let him go to the big boys room all by himself. He had been in there a few minutes and it was time to go home, so I went to check on him. I had been watching the door so I was fairly confident there were no other men or boys in there with him. I knocked and opened the door just enough to see him SITTING IN THE URINAL!! His feet just a dangling! Thank heavens he wasn't able to get the job done. It probably took him as long as he was in there just to get up on the thing. No wonder the two young boys who had gone in with him and had come out were looking at me funny. I guess they didn't have the nerve to tell me. Thanks for the laugh Lincoln!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - I can't stop laughing! In fact, I'm reading this at work and someone commented on the belly laugh that I just did because of reading this.

    I love your family!

    ReplyDelete