So I remembered what Lincoln was for Halloween night. He went as Darth Vader. It came to me in the wee morning hours when I couldn't sleep!
November was the month the Dents have been counting down to for many years! We got to welcome Stephen home! He was "unfortunately" incarcerated. It was great to see him and visit with him. He looks great and is ready to get on with life. Such a good guy and has been very diligent about making good choices, even when surrounded by such bad company! From the reports of my parents I think it is safe to say he was a very good influence on some very hard hearts.
The Dent Thanksgiving was fun. My parents, and all but one sibling, and a few spouses were able to come out to Damon and Stephens place and have dinner. Without any kids!! I don't believe we have gathered in such a way since we all started getting married 17 or 18 years ago. Should probably do that more often, but it might take another 17 or 18 years!
The Holyoak Thanksgiving Dinner followed that and was stressful. At least for Grant and I. Aunt Kelly had rented a bouncer for the kids and Grant was terrified! Didn't want to look at it, hear the motor rev up, none of it. So I took him into the toy room after a while. Sat him down and tried to play. Thought he would like the little rocking catepillar.....complete panic! So now the back yard was off limits, as well as the play room. So we headed for the car. Two car rides later all I had was a crankier baby, and a crankier me! Went out to take a ride one more time and as soon as I set him in the car seat he puked all over! An hour and a good cry later (me not him)we were back, but my attitude still needed adjusting. Nothing that a little whipped cream and pumpkin pie didn't help! The kids are still talking about the game of Quelf they played. It's their new favorite board game. And of coarse they enjoyed the bouncer
So, if were keeping track. That's two holidays in a row that my car has needed to be cleaned because a child got sick in it! So now you understand why I was crying. I'm hoping these things don't come in three's. I would hate for Christmas to be added to that list!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment