Too much to catch up on! Really! Christmas went well. Did my first ever Christmas/family photo card. Thanks to my sister Jamie. Kids seemed to enjoy their gifts. And NO ONE threw up in my car. Proving things don't always happen in threes. Hallelujah!!
In Feb. Grant was old enough for church nursery. A huge milestone for me. He still cries every now and again when I leave him there, but it sure is nice for me when it goes well!
Brad and I both turned 40 at the beginning of the year. To bad our minds haven't caught up. I think we both feel like we are in our twenties. I guess I shouldn't say that it's too bad our minds haven't caught up to our real age. I think it's better to feel like your younger even when your body tells you differently!
We also celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary on April. Brad did the math and informed me we have been a couple now for more years than we were single. Over half my years with the love of my life! Of course he didn't start out as the love of my life. He was just a cute boy. But he is now! Lucky man!
Enjoyed having the school year come to an end! Really, I couldn't wait! Maybe I'll have more patience next year. Lyndee did really enjoy her ELP field trip they were planning all year. I'm so glad she got to go. And very grateful to a good friend who swooped in and relieved some of my stress and was a huge blessing!
Tucker finished out the year with Track & Field. He did a pretty good job throwing shot putt & discus. Josh and Talmage enjoyed all their activities, too. But mostly I think they were just glad to be moving on!
We had to move again in the middle of May. Aunt Kelly offered to let us all come live at their place for awhile. So we took her up on her offer. She and Scott have big hearts, but I don't think they really knew what we were all about! We are CHAOS! But we will and are so very grateful for their willingness toshare their home and put up with all our imperfections and quirks! The little ones have sure enjoyed the never-ending sleepover. Enjoy while you can kiddos, won't last forever!
The title, summer break, gives a mom a sense if false reality! I have yet to "get a break". Running kids all over town to make sure they can spend time with their friends, girls camp prep and actually going to girls camp, and now the older boys are at scout camp! So some of my best helpers are otherwise occupied with important boy stuff!
So I think I've caught up on all that's been going on. Sort of. I did have to clean up throw up out of the car back in the begining of May. Which is odd, as it wasn't a holliday or anything! Still just as frustrating, though! Just thought I would throw that in for statistical purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment